Saturday, April 10, 2010

365/something ... I need to catch up.

Ok. I've been a complete slacker when it comes to posting my 365 photos. I've been taking them, I just haven't been able to really bring myself to do a lot of commentary on them like I normally do. I think I've crept back into that low spot where writer's block has kicked in and I'm struggling to put prose to photo.

So, without further ado ... I present 9 days worth of photos in one fell swoop.

365/90 WOW ... only you can prevent the addiction.


365/90 WOW ... only you can prevent the addiction

My wife is a WOW addict. I'm somewhat entertained by it. She always has to have the latest WOW-enhancing gear. For example, the Glowing Keyboard of Critical Hits +5, seen here. Ok, not really. It's still a stupidly expensive keyboard that glows in the dark.

Lit with one SB-900 shooting through a Lastolite Ezybox Hotshoe softbox on the far side of the desk and two feet above. I liked the shadow and moodiness this created. I let the shutter drag in order to pull in the blue LEDs on the keyboard. A nice touch, I think.

365/91 Grabbing a bit of hell


365/91 Grabbing a bit of hell

One of the local fire spinners, practicing one of his moves where he produces a small fireball before launching it towards the ... just kidding. He likes to catch the flaming poi in his hand for a second or two before dropping it because of the intense heat. I've wanted a photo of this from the first time I saw him do it. Took me a few attempts to get it.

365/92 Taste the Rainbow


365/92 Taste the Rainbow

Everyone loves a box of crayons. Me? I wanted to photograph them. There's order and texture to the colors and rough paper wrappers. It's also a bit of a pain to photograph them because they don't like to hold themselves steady in their box, no matter how much you crush and crumple it into the right shape. In the end, I stuffed some paper into the box and forced the crayons into the right shape and form: stair stepped and at attention, like waxed soldiers waiting for orders.

Shot with a single SB-900 through a Lastolite Ezybox Hotshoe to camera left and a white card to camera right to provide a bit of bounce fill.

365/93 Last Call


365/93 Last Call

The cosmetics my wife used the other evening when getting ready for us to go out for the evening. Something quick to shoot.

365/94 Egg Hunt


365/94 Egg Hunt

On the hunt for the elusive hard-boiled droppings of a pink bunny hippity-hopping through the neighborhood.

365/95 Ghost in the Shell


365/95 Ghost in the Shell

We've been watching ghost hunting shows lately. I'm a card-carrying skeptic, so I have a hard time watching these shows and do anything but laugh at them. With all the EVPs and infra-red cameras, heat guns and listening devices you'd think they actually catch something credible by now. So, since they haven't, I decided to catch my own ghost. We call him Bob. He walks up and down our neighborhood streets yelling at the dogs and striking poses before tired photographers.

365/96 Balloons


365/96 Balloons

Taken with my iPhone. Some balloons hanging out in the breeze on my way home from work.

365/97 Shadows


365/97 Shadows

Taken with my iPhone. The sun was setting and I was at the right place to catch the silhouette of my body cast out before me.

365/98 Carved in Stone


365/98 Carved in Stone

Taken with my iPhone. Over the years, people have carved their names, initials, loves, losses, chants, rants, symbols, diagrams, and histories in the soft rock. Amazing way to time travel, honestly. A living time machine that both grows with it's graffiti and erodes it's life away with every drop of water that splashes upon it.

No comments: