Sunday, March 29, 2009

Changing of the Guard

Take this job and shovel it!
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Niccolò Machiavelli


Friday was my last day at work. After almost 11 years there, it was clear that I needed a change of pace. I start the new job on Monday. Same type of work, different setting. It should be slower paced and more relaxed. Not much to say beyond that. I'll probably have a bit more time to work on my photography. I'm going to miss working with those folks. Quite a few were like family.

Friday evening quite a few of us met up for happy hour at Serranos to send off me (and my boss, who coincidentally, also found a new job too). Took a few photos, had some taken of me. It was quiet, but good. Sad to go, but looking forward to the change.

CliveDavid H.BrittanyDavid C.PugMikeDonDavid H.EveryoneDenverDavid C.DonaldDavid C.Brett C-W.QuentinBrett S.David H.Craig

1 comment:

D. W. said...

I finally got over here to read this. Add a year to the total and go back a year and you have what I did. Hope the new job is going well for you.