Thursday, February 11, 2010

365/40 I'm eating what?

365/40 I'm eating what?

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."

Mark Twain


Lunch is one of my favorite meals of the day, right next to dinner and breakfast. I love these three meals so much, it's not uncommon for me to mix them up at times. Breakfast for lunch, lunch for dinner, a shake, a snack, and maybe a mid-morning-day-evening coffee.

Every few weeks MJ and I have lunch together. I love eating lunch with friends. It gets my mind off work and into a relaxed state. I so very much require eating away from my desk as a reminder that my life isn't about work, nor is work my life.

As well, lunch must be hot. Or warm, at least. The idea of a cold lunch turns my stomach. A cold lunch is hollow. A cold lunch is miserable. And most of all, a cold lunch will not do. On this day of breaking bread, we had two different soups. I brought a homemade chicken noodle soup and MJ brought her homemade turkey, lime, and pinto bean soup. Both were quite delicious. I need to get her recipe; I think it would go well with shredded chicken.

And along the idea of eating what I want and what I like, we had another serving of my delicious bourbon bread pudding. This stuff goes a long way. I have one serving left at this point and I can feel my arteries hardening at the thought of finishing it up at one in the morning, in this dark house, while I write this post. Deadly.

I love photographing MJ. She never objects to the camera. Even when I'm shoving it into her face while she's attempting to enjoy her bowl of soup. That's what good friends do for you. They put up with your shit, even when it happens during a warm, relaxing lunch.

No comments: