Tuesday, January 26, 2010

365/24 A History of Viol ... err, Photography

365/24 A History of Viol ... err, Photography

"I always thought of photography as a naughty thing to do - that was one of my favorite things about it, and when I first did it, I felt very perverse."
Diane Arbus


So, I'm sitting here and, as I write this, Shutter is on the television. What a creepy movie about photography. It ranks right up there with Hard Candy. Ugh. Thinking about both movies just gives me the willies. The lesson? Don't be an idiot photographer.

But that's not what this is about.

As I mentioned the other day, I've been listening to this podcast about the History of Photography by Jeff Curto. I ended up pulling down the remaining episodes from last year's class so I could finish off the season and move onto this semester. I'm so very glad that my new iPod has a double speed play option. The last one didn't. There's just so much information to take in and I want to get through it so I can keep learning.

The annoying part of listening to the podcast is that I haven't yet found a way to bookmark interesting sections to come back to. There's been a few quotes that I've wanted to come back to and write about. Oh well. I'll figure it out or figure out some way around it I suppose.

No comments: