Saturday, January 30, 2010

365/28 Home is where the bunk bed is ...

365/28 Home is where the bunk bed is ...

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

Robert A. Heinlein


My daughter's room is one of the coziest rooms of the entire house. It's very peaceful and relaxing in there. I know not why. I mean, it's a complete and utter mess. Toys strewn everywhere, bits of art paper, failed experiments with crayons. There's writing on the wall from some point in the past where she got angry at us or her brothers (she's young, she'll grow out of it; that's what fresh paint is for).

There's a lamp turned on all the time to provide a flourish of white glowing light. A bunk bed fills the room. Something we bought a two or three years back. She was ecstatic when she moved to a big girl bed.

One of my favorite things to do is go in there and listen to her play. She's both meticulous and mellow. The "downside" to this is how easy it is for sleep to creep up behind you and hit you over the head. It's very ninja like that in her room. And the only thing that stopped her from covering me up with her cow blanket was that I was laying down on it.

She poked on the nose when I began snoring. I'd dozed off for a few minutes apparently. Took a quick snap of what relaxation really means, then left the room so she could go back to playing.


No comments: