Tuesday, March 23, 2010

365/79 Beware the kilted man

365/79 Beware the Kilted Man

How often do you see a man in full kilted regalia, sporran included, giving you the two-fingered salute while sticking his tongue out at you? Couple times a year, actually. Well, sporran optional.

This is my good friend Lanny. We've known each other for a few years now and have developed one of those friendships that can go for weeks and months at a time where we don't get to see each other. But, the moment we do, the friendly ribbing takes up right where it left off.

This is one of my outtakes from the Austin Music Awards (of which, I'm still wading through all the photos from Saturday; more to come on that front). Lanny does volunteer work for the award show and has been doing it for quite some time. He's one of the people that make it a success every year.

We were hanging out in the volunteer check-in area this year, between sound check and the show, ribbing each other like usual. I forget what I said that prompted this, but I happened to have my camera up and ready while taking other photos. Grabbed a quick snap just as he started to walk away.

Sort of a priceless, unprompted moment. We both had a good laugh over this. A quick, but needed respite from a long, busy day.

Just remember: beware the kilted man. He may salute you in the most unexpected of ways.

No comments: